The AARP Driver Safety Course meets one full day for six hours. Please call Huntsville-Madison County Senior Center at 256-880-7080 to get more information.
It Pays to Refresh Your Driving Skills!
The course teaches proven driving techniques to help keep you and your loved ones safe on the road.
- Important facts about the effects of medication on driving.
- How to reduce driver distractions.
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car.
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes and new technology found in cars today.
- Techniques for handling left turns, right-of-way, and roundabouts.
- Age-related physical changes and how to adjust your driving to compensate.